Friday, May 23, 2014

Final piece

Coming towards the end of my foundation, I was to produce the most important piece of work so far. This required me to do lots of planning and think of all my options. As I had done lots of practice work on posters, I thought I could create a final poster on the computer using my Photoshop and InDesign skills. First it needed designing. I experimented again with colours and layout and came up with a logo that worked. 


With this logo I branded some of my best photographs that I  had taken so far to see how it looked. 



Sticking with this colour theme, I created one of my final posters on the computer, using my own image but altering it to be more eye-catching and bright. Experimenting with typography and shapes I came up with the poster that would be part of my final display. 


To support and compliment this poster, I thought of doing a different style and creating something that explained a bit more what the festival had to offer. I kept the same colours so the posters complimented each other and included other images I had taken to pursue the fun and bright theme of the festival.


Seen as it was a festival and there was to be merchandise, I would have liked to have the time and money to do more for example make t-shirts, costumes, mugs, stall signs etc. But I did have time to create a festival ticket on Photoshop and Indesign. This gives the viewer more of an idea of the reality of the festival. 



No comments:

Post a Comment